Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Roadside Ramblings

Today was an interesting ride along the Mexico border and then inland along I-10.  I saw my first wild Javelina, a close relative to the domestic pig.
However, the unbelievable sight today was the overwhelming number of trucks on I-10.  We rode along a frontage road for most of the route today and then on the I-10 shoulder for the last 9 miles.  The quantity of trucks was staggering - probably several went by each minute.  There was a border control station not far into Texas and even though the trucks were moving through the station at 5mph, the line of trucks waiting to get through the station stretched for two miles. 
Other than being really loud as we rode along the frontage road, they weren't that intimidating.  But then when the sprinkles came, and we had to ride alongside the highway, each truck would shower us with mist and road grime.  After an hour of that, we started looking like we'd just got done mud-wrestling.


And I got a real kick out of this sign, obviously concerned about wildfire on a rainy day- NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment