Sunday, October 28, 2018

The road to Dripping Springs.

Tonight we are staying at a wonderful bed and breakfast is Dripping Springs, Texas.  One of the owners, Susan,  is a long time friend of a woman who lives in Idaho by the name of Martha. Of note is that Martha is a friend of someone I know, Michelle.

Susan and her husband Richard served us a  great dinner and complimented with delightful conversation about various topics.  It has been a very enjoyable evening.

This morning after the cyclists were on their way, I had the opportunity to stop into an authentic German bakery in Fredericksburg.  I arrived just in time to pick up a loaf of pumpernickel bread and a few other goodies.  Needless to say I was popular at lunch time.

Prior to meeting up for lunch, I had the opportunity to make a few "photo" stops. One was to a winery and the other one was at the LBJ State Park.  I did not have enough time to tour the LBJ Ranch. Since several areas, i.e. the Western White House was closed, I decided to not to take the tour and drive on to Johnson City, the lunch location.     Here are a few photos from today's adventure and a few from yesterday.

Water on the road

Highway 290








No comments:

Post a Comment