Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Balstrop to Navasota TX



Dripping Springs to Bastrop. Bastrop to Navasota.   For some reason, the blog isn't allowing images to be downloaded.  So, if you want to see some of my photos from the next few days, refer to my website: DanaGrigg.Weebly.com
Last night we camped at Balstrop State Park.  Here’s some interesting facts about the park:

Bastrop State Park is a state park in Bastrop County in Central Texas. The park was established in 1938 and consists of stands of loblolly pines mixed with post oak and junipers.  It is the site of the famous "Lost Pines," an isolated region of loblolly pines and hardwoods. The park is beautiful.   The only complaint is that the camp site where we stayed was in close to a freeway.  A very noisy freeway at 5:30 a.m.

The drive from Balstrop to my present location was interesting.  Texas refers to some of their roads as “FM” meaning Farm to Market.  Of  note is that one can drive down the “FM” road and to the right a street has one name and to the left an entirely different name.

On the drive to tonight’s destination, Navasota, we stopped for lunch in this quirky town, Warrenton.  I will refer you to my website for photos of a pink roaster and other peculiar items.

Guess where I will be tomorrow?  Yep, Texas. dkg
The Cabin at Barton Creek





On the drive to Navasota, TX,  from Balstrop (great park) we stopped for lunch in Warrenton.  Interesting stores.  I have more photos to post, but I need to get packed and off to meet the riders. 








No comments:

Post a Comment