Thursday, October 25, 2018

Del Rio to Uvalda - Sunshine

Finally!  Blue skies. Sun. Happy Cyclists? ! I am working up a "dirty look" if anyone complains about it being too hot.

The drive to Uvalde involved another stop by the Border Patrol.  When I pulled up to the inspection area the young officer asked me what I was doing in Texas and made a comment about the bikes on the top of the cab.  I explained to him that there were three cyclists on their way and he just shook his head and told me that I was free to go.

The ride today was 70 miles from Del Rio to Uvalde. After two failed attempts at locating a camp site, I found a motel in Uvalde. About the same time I was packing luggage into the room, another motel guest asked me what I was doing in Texas and far from Idaho.  I explained the grand plan and the fact that the riders are changing  the route due to the weather, etc.  The gentleman is from Louisiana and he proceeded to offer his opinion about riding bicyclists across the country, especially in Cajun country!  I smiled and thanked him for his opinion.

Rudy's Bar-B-Q  - Amazing food and they sell gasoline!  We ate here yesterday and had a long pleasant conversation with the District Manager who provided some travel information.  Again, yummy, yummy food. dkg

Palm tress in Del Rio, TX - Blue sky

 
Paul C - Highway 90



 Paul C - "Where's the rain???" 
Blue skies

 The Poormans
 Lunch stop in Bracketteville, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment