Sunday, November 4, 2018

LA - Lousiana - Trees

We crossed into Louisiana two days ago. I am somewhat confused because every time I read the state abbreviation, LA, my first thought is Los Angeles, not Louisiana.  First impressions of LA, so many trees and a lot of mud.  The mud is a different color than Idaho mud. Dark brown versus a lighter color brown.  Also, most of the rivers or bayous have brown, murky looking water.

As you may have already read, it is raining, AGAIN!  Last night we camped at Chilcot State Park and woke up to rain, lots of rain.  I have a great tent, so I did not get wet.  We left camp at 8:30 a.m. my hair still feels wet and this is after driving in the car most of the afternoon.

My first day in LA as I was walking into a grocery store and a woman asked me if I needed a "buggy"?  I looked at her in a confused state and said, "Shopping Cart!"  I am looking forward to learning some additional local terms.

FYI: Every more before the cyclists get on the road, we have a meeting.  I am including a copy of the map the cyclists' following.  The funny thing is that I find myself using the map, the Garmin, Verizon Navigator and a program "Find My Device" to keep track of the location of the bikers and where I am suppose to meet them for lunch and for the evening.  This is a complicated job!  One would think that nonfreeway roads would be simple to follow! Ha!  Texas farm-to-market roads, county roads, etc. a maze of intersections.

This week we will be in New Orleans and then head north.  Soggy Dana


The Wi-Fi connection isn't working for me to load photos. No surprise.  I'll try later. dkg







Chicot State Park
Yes, this photo is altered.  The lighting was flat, i.e. no sun.





2 comments:

  1. Don't come back to Idaho just yet it's wet here too! I am sure you will dry out before you reach Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That artistic picture is beautiful and would great on a wall. Hope no rain today. Ruthann

    ReplyDelete