Monday, November 12, 2018

Fairhope AL to Crestview FL

.
Yesterday I made a decision to not deliver  yummy bakery goodies that I purchased in Fairport, AL for the hard pedaling cyclists and take a side trip to Gulf Shores.  The minute I saw the ocean, the white sand, seagulls, palm trees, and inhaled the fresh ocean air I almost, ALMOST, felt guilty about not delivering the baked goods!  The good news is that I did not eat the goodies, (except for the cold beignets), and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the Gulf Coast.  

Gulf Shores is a beautify city... clean, brightly painted buildings, wide streets and common to most beach cities, somewhat corny/cheesy.  As an example of cheesy, see my photo of the fake shark hanging from the palm tree at the miniature golf park.  Goofy.  

After visiting Gulf Shores, I crossed in to Florida.  We are staying in Crestview, FL and made the decision to head home instead waiting for the rain to clear up.  The forecast for the week in this region is rain, rain, and more rain.  Approximately 350 miles short of Saint Augustine, FL.  Jokingly, I told the cyclists if they added the number of miles they were lost to the total miles they expected to ride, then they probably exceeded the total miles they expected to ride to the Atlantic  Ocean.  Nonverbal body language is a powerful means of communication.😍😸😈










No comments:

Post a Comment