Monday, November 5, 2018

64th Birthday

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?"
Paul McCartney, the Beatles 

Today is my 64th birthday, and we rode 64 miles. The weather was perfect - cool, cloudy with intermittent sun. We crossed the Atchafalaya River, which was huge, I thought, until we crossed the even more grand Mississippi!  Both were wide and swirling brown, gently flowing south toward the Gulf. My companions have been so kind and generous to me this day, showering me with gifts and attention. And the Cajun food here in Louisiana is amazing.  I am going to have to ride hard each day or else I will have to be rolled home like a big beach ball! Here are a few pictures from the Stoker's seat.
 A barge crossing the Atchafalaya River

 My first view of a REAL Cypress bayou


A wealthy plantation home...

Compared to the less than wealthy fixer upper.

 Across the great Mississippi River at last and a significant landmark on our journey to the Atlantic. 

1 comment: