Sunday, September 30, 2018

"The race to the start" We made the hardest part of the trip!

San Diego!  We are here and ready - I think - to start the ride.  We first head west for three miles to get to the pacific ocean.  We will dip our rear bike wheels in the ocean at what the locals call "Dog Shit Beach".  Seems appropriate to me!?  The drive down here was great actually, lots to see and very nice views.  We spent last night at a hostel in Bishop, Ca.  Very nice, very clean, smelled like medicinal marijuana.  It's a doctor thing they tell me!?
Today we drove into San Diego and learned what growth can be like!  10 lane highways with traffic zipping around like bees on a flower - wow!  Well, we made it.  Tomorrow we will hit the trail!!
Here are some pictures of the road-trip down to the start.  The fire was out in M.F.N - no idea where it came from, but oh well, on we go.
As per my habit, I need to find a nice feather to put on my helmet - at least then I will know it is mine!  Also, I found my first nickel on the road!  Very nice way to start.
Paul C



  On we go!!

1 comment:

  1. We hear it's raining in Yuma to keep the dust down for you!

    ReplyDelete